Tuesday, February 2, 2010

America Grounded

Fucking Purple Lips pissing me off again. Cancels the Moon Program.

Born in 1967 my early years were all about the Apollo Program, I drank Tang, wanted a space pen, and was born and bred on Star Trek. Probably one of the factors that led me to serve in the USAF. Apart form all the advance this program could bring, I'm not sure how this will affect or delay future space tourism, but it certainly won't help. I was hoping that in my twilight years there would be an affordable senior citizen tour or even low-g retirement homes with some mean hydroponic space-kush and a strip club .

So, sadly, the following will remain the last words spoken on the moon for quite some time...

Apollo 17 astronaut Eugene Cernan on surface the moon:

Bob, this is Gene, and I'm on the surface; and, as I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come - but we believe not too long into the future - I'd like to just (say) what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. "Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."

The last words before liftoff (that are debatable but very cool).

Cernan: "Let's get this mother out of here."

That last quote is the same way I feel about Obama. Shit sucks. I am The Robotman


No comments:

Post a Comment